Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Time Management anyone or should I say women?

I was reading on a sweet sister's blog about the desire to do what is time wise best for the Lord and I remember so many times in my life, I felt exactly the same way and still do sometimes. We get too busy doing things less important. Especially when we realize this life is temporary.
Here's some thoughts to consider....
* Remember who's in charge.
* Schedule in reverse-put real priorities in pen on your schedule, (ie family time, bible study, date night with Husband) pencil in the less important after that.
* Be, rather than do.
* Get your spouse's thoughts on what can be robbing you of time.
* Be honest about your abilities and limitations. You can't possibly put overlapping , multiple things into one day and do your best at all of them.
* Don't underestimate the time needed when saying yes to ongoing commitments.
* Don't rely on last minute adrenaline rushes to prepare for important events. You might not have it in you due to illness, lack of rest or other unexpected things that happen.
I leave you with this thought:
My Lord and My God, with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in me, I will guard the time you have entrusted to me. "Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you-guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us"2 Timothy 1:14
Didn't our Holy Father entrust us with all we have, including time?
Be blessed!


6 comments:

April said...

I like the be, instead of do !!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Great list...I need to implement it!

Betty said...

Those are some good thoughts for today and every day for that matter. Most I need to heed to. Thanks for sharing those.

Valarie Lea said...

You should have just named this post "Hey Valarie are you listening?" or "Hey Valarie this post is for you!" :o)

Putz said...

i now know reva, and want to know her friends, so here i am...i appreciate our desire to help people through your blogging...you are a christian and one who loves our savior so much...i could tell that before i read one word, a real spirit about you and your blog...god bless...p.s. i am not in the best of health like reva

j said...

This was altogether lovely.

Be blessed Lorie.

Jen