Thursday, June 5, 2008

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding-YUMMY

Someone asked me for the recipe I use for Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding. I actually got the recipe from Paula Dean's cookbook or magazine. But I have made it many times and it's always a crowd pleaser. When I worked at the shelter and we would get lots of day old doughnuts, I would fix it and the ladies loved it. It is one of the easiest bread puddings to make and of course you know its not got alot of fat being made from doughnuts and sugar-HAHA!
Fix it and enjoy!
Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding
2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible. Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.
Butter Rum Sauce:
1 stick butter
1 pound box confectioners' sugar
Rum, to taste
Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

I hope you try it and enjoy. Fix it for a big group-you will get sick if you eat it all yourself and I do care about my sweet blog friends!!!
Be blessed!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the recire sound so good I just had to copy and paste it and than print it out.I hope that you are haveing a Great day today,That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Valarie Lea said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs reading this. :)

Betty said...

Oh my goodness, Lorie, this recipe sounds so good. And it does sound like it would be easy to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorie,
I think I actually gained 5 pounds just reading the recipe. How ya been sweets, missed ya.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Brenda said...

Just having the Krispie Kreme title sounds delicious to me. I'm not a big doughnut eater anymore, but I love KK's. Unfortunately, all of ours went out of business.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Brenda :)

j said...

You had me at Krispy Kreme.

WOW that sounds yummy!

Jennifer

The Southern Mom said...

Krispy Kremes, condensed milk and butter! How can you go wrong? Hope you had a good trip! (Chili's is coming along pretty fast...can't wait! Yummm)