My heading says A Joy that is shared is a joy made double- I’m hoping my struggle that’s shared is a struggle made lighter- thanks for letting me be transparent!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
I have not been around lately- I have been enjoying good things= grandbabies!
I can’t contain the joy of a day with any of them-I could bottle the smell and feeling of a new little baby and be a millionare!
But at the the same time deep inside me, I’m in a battle.
A battle in my mind. I am studying Joyce Meyer’s Battlefield of the Mind and I sure need it.
I started off the year with great plans and efforts at losing weight and being healthy. It is such a struggle. I know why –it is a stronghold for me.
For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,
[Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
2 Corinthians 10:4,5
Through careful strategy and cunning deceit, Satan attempts to set up “strongholds” in our mind. A stronghold is an area in which we are held in bondage (in prison) due to a certain way of thinking.
Since the age of 12, I have thought of myself as a FAT person. I may have defined myself in many ways- a daughter, a student and later a wife and a mother- now the sweetest of all a MeMe! But the one constant has always been a fat girl. Even when I weighed 130 pounds at 5’5” I felt overweight. I am not proud of this but I know it’s true.
Proverbs 23:7 (King James Version)
7For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.
So because I think of myself as a fat girl- I am. I am staying there in the land of over weight and over eating. I take two steps forward and three steps backward.
I need your prayers and encouragement as I keep working on this until I define myself as a healthy beautiful daughter of the King.
I long for the day when I am truly living out the words of Psalms 27:1 and living as the Lord is the stronghold of my life.This is my hearts desire. But for now I am in a battle…
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?
A girl at work…
Monday, February 9, 2009
So, last week I was carless. I gave mine to Bama Princess, so I could have peace of mind that she is driving a dependable safe car while she is away from home and coming back and forth. I rode to work and back with Hubby everyday. I also was sick the whole week with the “CRUD” or otherwise known as upper respitory trouble. I barely made it to work and went to bed early every night- No grandbabies , no blogging.
That was last week- I am better, I have a new car and Grandbabies ~ take a look – The beautiful weekend gave me some good time with 3 of my little squirts.
They wanted to have some play time in their Princess Castle that Meme And Papa gave them for Christmas.
How about some fun bathtime….
Bed time- the best slumber is laying next to this…
Sunday morning is Church time~
Then Abby came to visit…
How Beautiful- 5 weeks has passed like a snap of my finger!
So listen to the words of this song and let them sink in- Be sure and turn off the music at the bottom of my page.
It really fits my life… Listen and enjoy!
Be blessed!I am!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Here are her questions.
1. What is the biggest piece of advise you would share with your child as they embark into the world?
I think of a few off the top of my head. Guard their heart- many friends, and people who claim to care about them can turn their head, but they are in control of themselves.
-Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."
They must have goals. Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Contentment doesn’t come from things- You are not defined by what car you drive, house you live in or even what job you have. The character you have –the way you do your job and how you let the things of this world affect you, defines you. -Phil 4:11-13 "For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Remember whose they are- First, before anything else, they are God’s - Children of the King
2. If time and money were not an issue, what would your ideal vacation be? I have always had a desire to drive across the country with no agenda, with like my best friend to see places I would like to see –(probably now meet bloggers I would like to meet) and have a leisure amount of time to do whatever we like. I would have a convertible and start in the South where I live and see all I want to see, then head North and go to New York –DC, Campobella Island Canada, Maine, then go full circle around this country- I would see Sedona and the Grand Canyon. I‘d like to see Las Vegas and Jackson Hole Wyoming. Just to name a few.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island for one week with one other person, besides your spouse but someone you personally know, who would that person be and why? I would like one week on a desert island with my 3 kids and 4 grandkids, so we could have solitude and make memories and do wonderful things together with no TV, video, cell phones or outside influences.
Okay, so that's more than one person, but I can't narrow it down-it's my interview and I'll booger up the answers if I want to.
4. Who is your favorite woman in the Bible and why?
The Sinful woman- the woman with the expensive oil who’s story is told in Luke 7:36-50, Matthew 26:6-13,and Mark 14:3-9.This story is one of my favorites, because it so clearly displays God's love for us. The woman is defined as "one who lived a sinful life." She was said to be a prostitute. Haven't we all lived a sinful life? Don't we all have things in our lives that we don't want to share with others? I certainly do. That's why this story is so special to me. Jesus knew this woman's chosen path, but He didn't focus on that. He focused on her actions – her expression of love and sacrifice to Him. I’m thankful God looks at me with eyes of love and Mercy, instead of what I deserve.
5. Hot air balloon? Sky Diving? or free trip to the Moon (and back!)? I won a Hot air Balloon trip once and didn’t take it- I’m scared of heights-I don’t desire to sky Dive- I’d probably have a heart attack or at least mess my britches!!!~ I’m not even sure I’d like to go to the moon and back. I wish my husband could go because he’d like to. The closest thing to all these is a trip to Heaven and I’ve made my reservation- I’m going there someday and I won’t be afraid.
I tried to think about these answers and answer honestly- I felt like they probably do when they are put on the spot in the MS. America pageant and they want to give these profound answers to the question set before them and the answer comes off HUH?
It was fun and I will sure give you some questions I can think of if you just say the word...