Wednesday, June 29, 2011
My sweet blog friend Brenda had this on her site and I sent her a comment to "Interview me"- If you'd like to participate just include "Interview Me" in your comment. I'll shoot over 5 questions along with the rules.
Here are her questions.
1. What is the biggest piece of advise you would share with your child as they embark into the world?
I think of a few off the top of my head. Guard their heart- many friends, and people who claim to care about them can turn their head, but they are in control of themselves.
-Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."
They must have goals. Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Contentment doesn’t come from things- You are not defined by what car you drive, house you live in or even what job you have. The character you have –the way you do your job and how you let the things of this world affect you, defines you. -Phil 4:11-13 "For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Remember whose they are- First, before anything else, they are God’s - Children of the King
2. If time and money were not an issue, what would your ideal vacation be? I have always had a desire to drive across the country with no agenda, with like my best friend to see places I would like to see –(probably now meet bloggers I would like to meet) and have a leisure amount of time to do whatever we like. I would have a convertible and start in the South where I live and see all I want to see, then head North and go to New York –DC, Campobella Island Canada, Maine, then go full circle around this country- I would see Sedona and the Grand Canyon. I‘d like to see Las Vegas and Jackson Hole Wyoming. Just to name a few.
3. If you were stranded on a desert island for one week with one other person, besides your spouse but someone you personally know, who would that person be and why? I would like one week on a desert island with my 3 kids and 4 grandkids, so we could have solitude and make memories and do wonderful things together with no TV, video, cell phones or outside influences.
Okay, so that's more than one person, but I can't narrow it down-it's my interview and I'll booger up the answers if I want to.
4. Who is your favorite woman in the Bible and why?
The Sinful woman- the woman with the expensive oil who’s story is told in Luke 7:36-50, Matthew 26:6-13,and Mark 14:3-9.This story is one of my favorites, because it so clearly displays God's love for us. The woman is defined as "one who lived a sinful life." She was said to be a prostitute. Haven't we all lived a sinful life? Don't we all have things in our lives that we don't want to share with others? I certainly do. That's why this story is so special to me. Jesus knew this woman's chosen path, but He didn't focus on that. He focused on her actions – her expression of love and sacrifice to Him. I’m thankful God looks at me with eyes of love and Mercy, instead of what I deserve.
5. Hot air balloon? Sky Diving? or free trip to the Moon (and back!)? I won a Hot air Balloon trip once and didn’t take it- I’m scared of heights-I don’t desire to sky Dive- I’d probably have a heart attack or at least mess my britches!!!~ I’m not even sure I’d like to go to the moon and back. I wish my husband could go because he’d like to. The closest thing to all these is a trip to Heaven and I’ve made my reservation- I’m going there someday and I won’t be afraid.
I tried to think about these answers and answer honestly- I felt like they probably do when they are put on the spot in the MS. America pageant and they want to give these profound answers to the question set before them and the answer comes off HUH?
It was fun and I will sure give you some questions I can think of if you just say the word...
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
I have neglected my blog! There are good reasons- the month of April came and it started with quiet days and mornings spent with cups of coffee and sometimes hours of quiet time-honestly reading God’s word and devotions and studying. It was a time of building up.
Next -comes the family of five to stay until their house is finished.
Meme loves having her girls here- it is never a dull moment-or should I say quiet moment.
Then there was Easter- a blessed day in our family- every member of our family was at church together this Easter- plus extended family.
I put this on Face book:
59 years ago two people pledged their love, the day after she graduated. Although they had dated since she was 16 and he was 17~It wasn't supposed to last. Two weeks later he flew overseas and served his country. Five years later they had their first little man, two years later came the first girl, three years later the second girl and in their 18th year of marriage what a precious golden haired boy came as a present to them all. The children all grew up good because the Daddy loved the Momma well, just like the Bible says. Now the children have had children who have given them children. All of this from living a life that is pleasing to the one who gave us life~Thank you GOD.
All because two people fell in love…
Next came the April tornados
The day of the tornado we went in our laundry room with pillows and took a mattress to put over us- the girls were truly scared and at one point began to cry –the power had failed and the sound outside was very loud-so Meme did the only thing she knows to do when times are hard-I began to pray out loud and at one point felt like I was being very loud over the noise, then there was a calm. We went out and found hail that was bigger than a golf ball in our yard, it went through a screen and broke an upstairs window. We had some shingles blown off the roof. But the tornado had lifted about one mile away and gone right over the top of us.
Devastation everywhere around our county- we were spared. We were without power for 6 days. A few of those I left and flew to Dallas with my best friend Barbie and her Mom. It was planned before any of this happened. It was a great trip.
The month of May was filled with softball and t-ball games, friends and family time. My baby girl got engaged to the best young man around.
June has roared in with a trip to Memphis –I got to see Michael Buble’ in concert again and spend the weekend with Barbie, Juju and Charlene, Barbies Mom. I have swam, got another year older, enjoyed life and been busy.
I thank God for my blessings everyday- I have more than I deserve and I know I am loved by the KING of KINGS! Just today He told me this…
I have loved YOU with an everlasting Love. Before time began, I knew you. For years you swam around in a sea of meaninglessness, searching for love , hoping for hope. All that time I was pursuing you, aching to embrace you in my compassionate arms.
When time was right I revealed myself to you. I lifted you out of that sea of despair and set you down on a firm foundation. Sometimes you felt naked –exposed to the revealing light of my Presence. I wrapped an ermine robe around you: my robe of righteousness. I sang you a Love song, whose beginning and end are veiled in Eternity. I infused meaning into your mind and harmony into your heart. Join me in singing My song. Together we will draw others out of darkness into My marvelous Light. (Jesus Calling-June 14th)
How can you not LOVE a God like that! How can you not want to serve Him?
Be blessed! I am!