Monday, July 28, 2008

July 27th-a special day to me

Today 28 years ago I gave birth to my first sweet beautiful baby-Ashley. I remember it like yesterday.

I went to the hospital for the third time –two others were false labor-this time was a for sure deal and they told me I had gone into Toxemia during labor. They had to lower my blood pressure to have her and I was in hard labor all night with nothing for pain. It was all worth it, the moment I heard that cry and held her in my arms. Life has never been the same. She has always been a special girl. !cid_00330A40060F4A1CAED7F17CD4A1CF5A@user2PC 

She loved Miss Piggy when she was little and she wouldn’t go to sleep without her. She slept with me and we were inseparable until she was 2 and 3months when I went into the hospital to have her brother. I couldn’t wait to get back home to her and she ran right past me yelling where is my baby. She loved being a big sister.

One of my favorite memories of her was when she was about 7 we went to the Barnum and Baileys Circus- While we were there we bought the kids some stuffed animals. The next day she came running to find me to tell me she had just realized her elephant only had one ear-my mind was thinking great we paid an arm and a leg for a defective toy- she looked at it then hugged it extra hard and said Momma I love it –it’s just more special cos its different.

Ashley is now a wonderful mother and I am proud of her. I’m thankful for the choices she has made of a wonderful husband and to raise her children in a loving home and in church.214 006

Ashley is beautiful inside and out-she is pregnant with my 4th little GRANDBABY. I am blessed because she lives right down the street and we are very close in distance and in heart.

When she was growing up I knew she was very special and I would say I want to be like you when I grow up-I’m still working on it.

I love her alot and I’m thankful she loves me and shares her life , her children and her husbands good cooking with me!!

I missed her big day because I’m at the beach, but she was on my mind and in my heart and I am blessed to be her Mother.

Happy birthday sweet Ashley!

Be blessed!

untitled

8 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Happy Birthday,to you Ashley. Hugs and God's blessing to all! Mike G. said that (its an A.A. thing)

Jamie said...

How sweet! Happy Birthday to your girl, she sounds like an amazing young woman.

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness you made me cry, how lucky Ashley is to have such a sweet and loving mother. You are the best, many blessings to you and your precious family!

Betty said...

What a beautiful tribute to your daughter. I hope she sees this post.

Brenda said...

Happy Day to Ashley. Beautiful family you have!
God bless,
Brenda :)

Life on the farm... said...

yes you are blessd!

April said...

She is very special, just like her momma !!

DD said...

This was very sweet. Happy birthday Ashley.