Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Word for the year- Discipline

Discipline-

~to train by instruction and exercise; drill.

~to bring to a state of order and obedience by training and control.

~to punish or penalize in order to train and control; correct; chastise.

I need discipline in many areas of my life. Let’s see- the eating and exercise department. Also, the taking care of myself department. Very important-quiet time and bible study department.

Yes –Discipline is my word for 2009- the year I turn 50. It's about time for me to become disciplined, isn't it?

Proverbs 6:22-24 (New International Version)

22 When you walk, they will guide you;
       when you sleep, they will watch over you;
       when you awake, they will speak to you.

23 For these commands are a lamp,
       this teaching is a light,
       and the corrections of discipline
       are the way to life.

I heard somewhere that 50 was the new 40- the 40's weren't bad for me. I was blessed with soon to be 4 grandchildren. I had more blessings than I could count.

But 50 is hopefully when I work on being the best me I can, with discipline and change.

Let me start today.

Be blessed!

loriesig

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lorie,
Love reading your blog............
Frances

Anonymous said...

I did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frances

Sandy said...

Oh, don't we all need discipline? Great post Lorie and Happy New Yr!

April said...

You can do it again !!! I believe in you, we need to do a pantry makeover at your house and Ashley's.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorie,
I'm with you!!! Discipline and obedience for me too, with eating, exercising, reading the Word, etc.
We shall help each other.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

OMG, I am older than you...I am 51...LOL