Saturday, January 31, 2009

I am a bad blogger!

Would it help if I said I have been dealing with a lot of new in my life? A new grandbaby, a new way of life-diet and discipline and hopefully a new lease on being a better me. Remember when you had a new love and it consumed your time- that’s the way it’s been with my life lately. I am so in love with my Little Abby girl- hopefully I will have new pictures to share soon.

I am working on myself- in some areas I am doing okay and in others –it’s like the Ol’ Devil is working overtime to slip me up. Some days it seems I focus on every bite I put in my mouth and then a few days have passed and I realize I haven’t been doing my quiet time. I have lost 7 pounds in the first 3 weeks since I started Weight Watchers.

Last weekend I spent Saturday with my two oldest grandgirls and Donny and his Mom. Emma had cheerleading Competition in Birmingham- we left at 6:30 am and went to see her and her team win 2nd place. How proud I was! Look how precious…

emma january 005

Emma is second from the left on top row.

More highlights from the day

emma january 009

emma january 010

Look at this sweet face-Meme loves her big girl…

emma january 015

Anna had a fun day and was so good.

emma january 016

I’m so glad I got to go.

I’ve had work- one sick day-church –meetings-Bunco-Weight Watcher meetings- time spent with Abby-(there’s something therapeutic about holding a new baby for hours)-Last Sunday I had all 4 of my grandbabies with me and no camera-how bad is that?

Thursday, Emma and I took a quick trip down to TTown to pick up Bama Princess- her title came in and she is looking for a new vehicle this weekend-(I’m praying we find one.) Emma was so cute –we went to the Ferg Center and to the Library with Whit and she told everyone that she is going to Alabama when she grows up. She will start Kindergarten next year. I had a great day with my two girls and we went to dinner at the Iguana Grill, which was a cool place with great food.

That was just yesterday- then I packed a lot into today-work-helping Whit look for a car- lunch at Red Lobster-broiled Flounder and broccoli for this Meme-oh how the Fried shrimp was beckoning me- Tomorrow will be more of the same-hopefully with Papa’s help.

I will get better at my time management skills and blogging –including commenting and visiting my favorites. I have some good things to share and I miss all of my blog friends when there’s no love going back and forth.

Say a little prayer for me- I can use it- I am weak but He is strong!

Be blessed and I mean it!!!!

untitled

11 comments:

Mike Golch said...

nice photos.I hope that your weekend is Grand!

Brenda said...

Let's see...in one hand is blogging, in the other grandbabies...
Blogging...Grandbabies...Blogging...Brandbabies.
GRANDBABIES! for sure!
You're not a bad blogger, you're a MeMe!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Memaw Barbie said...

You are doing great. One day at a time. One day at a time. I am proud of your dilligence, so when can we start walking? Blessings

homegrownsongwritersalabama said...

No, you're a GREAT blogger with her priorities in order. I know how busy you are! Those are some great photos, Lorie. I for one think you are one terrific, gal. I know your mama...

j said...

Well all right, I'll just be blessed then :)

Congratulations on the 7 pounds!!

TSL said...

You have the most wonderful play list. I am glad you have such a wonderful family. I love my GRANDchildren, too! I know where you are coming from.

Brenda said...

Hi Lorie, Would you mind sending me your em address so I can give you your 5 Interview Me questions?
mine is sunnycjgm@hotmail.com.
Thanks.

Liz said...

your pictures are adorable! Good for you with WW...keep going...its a good support group and if you can get on to weightwatchers online you could meet others that will support you too. Im still working on my weight and trying to figure things out. I definitely think im in the same boat as you when it comes to blogging, but you do have new things going on...but keep writing when you can, because I for one get encouraged when I visit your blog! God Bless ~Liz

Debbie said...

7lbs... that is wonderful!! If anyone can do this, it's you. Did you see me waving Saturday?

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Sounds like a lot of good stuff Lorie!

And congrats on those 7 pound gone! Keep up the hard work :)

Valarie Lea said...

Woo Hoo 7 pounds!!!!

I have got to go see that baby, but I have not wanted to give here any cooties. :)