Thursday, March 31, 2011

Comfort, Peace, Good Things

Yesterday, the start of my quiet time began with this-

Stop trying to work things out before their times have come. Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. when something comes to your attention, ask me whether or not it is a part of today’s agenda. If it isn’t release it into My care and go on about today’s duties. When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life : a time for everything, and everything in its time.

But wait here’s the best part!

A life lived close to Me is not complicated or cluttered. When your focus is on My Presence, many things that once troubled you lose their power over you. Though the world around you is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have Peace.

I told you that I was using “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young. Did I tell you that she takes bible verses and makes them like it’s Jesus sitting with you talking to you? Did I tell you that most days it seems like it fits my day and the circumstances of my life. Isn’t that how God is? He comes to you where you are and He is everything we need!

That paragraph about a life lived close to Him is not complicated or cluttered-Oh how true! And things that once troubled me have lost their power.  OH how thankful I am for His Peace.

Last week , one afternoon , I came home and read this book.

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back  -     
        By: Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent

Amazon describes the book like this:

Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.

Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.

Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

It is a must read. The book can really make you think about heaven and makes you want to think for yourself what a day it will be when our Jesus we see!!! I could not put it down  and it was comforting to read.

Now, I am going to get busy with some good stuff like hopefully seeing some grandkids, taking care of things I need to do, spend some time with friends. Did I mention that my quiet mornings will soon change when my daughter and her 3 gorgeous girls and my son-in –love of course, come to live here for a few months while they build their house just 7 doors down the street.

Have I told you lately GOD is good!

Be blessed,

loriesig

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Have I told you lately how blessed I feel that God brought you in my life? I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes after reading your blog. Comfort tears.. because I know I'm loved and good things are coming. My life is so crazy, I need these reminders from you. Love you!