Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I’ve been learning and loving!

So as of yesterday, I have been home for one month.

I remember what I was doing this time one month ago, I was sitting in this same chair-

House -nov 2009 023

but I was crying and  feeling sorry for myself. I had been forced away from a job I loved with people I loved.

Alot has happened since then.

I have traded my sorrow for joy, and  my mourning for praises.

  He will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
   a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
      festive praise instead of despair.
   In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
  that the Lord has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

I have been able to stay with these precious people many days…

 

183272_1730967947946_1050912875_31950506_6716763_n

Big sn0w 033

I’ve spent every morning in this book

 

and this book

NIV Quest Study Bible, Revised Edition Hardcover

I have had time to minister to my friends and family.

I have had my family over for dinner that I did not have to rush.

I have slept late and stayed up late and done things I wanted to do.

Today I was watching Joyce Meyer and she gave me some good words to soak in- Love your enemies –they are forcing you to grow up and they are turning you toward God so he can do good things in your life.

So for right now life is good and I’m waiting to see what God has for me. I’m waiting to see what I’m going to be when I grow up.

I think of the word’s of the sweet children’s song- “He’s Still Working on Me”

He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me
There really ought to be a sign upon my heart
Don't judge me yet, there's an unfinished part
But I'll be better just according to His plan
Fashioned by the Master's loving hands.

In the mirror of His word
Reflections that I see
Makes me wonder why He never gave up on me
But He loves me as I am and helps me when I pray
Remember He's the potter; I'm the clay.

Come on Lord- Mold me!

Be blessed!

untitled

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lorie,
How wonderful to see your post today1 I am glad you have been able to spend time staying up late, sleeping in, spending time with those adorable grandbabes and in the Word...
He is not finished with any of us yet...we are all works in progress.

be blessed my friend, today and always!

Betsy Brock said...

This is such a nice continuation of the previous post. I'm encouraged at how you are making lemonade from the lemons your bosses gave you at your job. :)