Friday, March 25, 2011

Adversity can be a witness!

How well I know this…not only is it making us stronger, and it is temporary. But people are watching to see how it affects us. How we let it make us or break us.

2 Corinthians 4: 17-18
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

My recent adversity is truly temporary. I know that I will be working soon and I am even praying that God has a specific job for me, not one I have planned , but one he has planned for me. I’m fixing my eyes on what I can’t see and waiting. Today in one of my devotions “40 Days with Jesus” 40 Days with Jesus: Living in His Presence [Book] He said this to me…Let My Love enfold you in the radiance of My Glory. Sit still in the Light of MY Presence, and receive My Peace. These quiet moments with Me transcend time, accomplishing far more than you can imagine. Bring me the sacrifice of your time, and watch to see how abundantly I bless you and your loved ones.

So before I start each day I am sitting with Him and when this old girl gets back out there I will be different!

I saw this wonderful quote on my friends Betsy’s blog today-

"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way,

you will command the attention of the world."

George Washington Carver

1864-1943

First, let me say this is definitely a statement about Betsy, because she is definitely uncommon sharing her life, mother of four, with grown triplets who are Autistic. She shares everyday in a beautiful way and she has an uncommon way of living out the day to day with character, beauty and grace.

BUT, when I saw this statement on her blog, I thought about my best friend Juju.

February 2010 098

It’s been two weeks and two days since she lost her husband Robert. Every day since that time she has been showing such Faith, such Grace, such Strength (that comes from the Lord) and such Peace(also from HIM). Sunday as our Pastor was preaching , he shared that she has truly lived her Faith in this adversity and that it is a joy to see. It has truly impacted me to walk beside her , wanting to lift her up , when she is the one lifting me by her example.

I feel I failed when I let a little old job situation knock me down for several days, when I see my precious friend stand from the first moment until now as she has faced her adversity. But I’ve learned some things for my next trial, and I got back to the HEART of the Matter, by going to the right source-God and His word.

Next time, I’ll be better prepared and I will be uncommon as far as this world sees!

Life is full of learning and how sweet when you can learn by walking with a friend!

Thank you Lord for your blessings on me!

Be blessed!

untitled

No comments: