Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I’m so excited-I just can’t hide it!

I have found the verses for this time in my life. They come from Isaiah 61 and they are entitled  The year of the Lord’s Favor in my bible- NIV.

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
   a planting of the LORD
   for the display of his splendor.

I am thanking Him now for this season of my life that began with hurt and  the ashes of a job I loved, and now is a time to praise and serve. Mostly I thank God for  giving me many desires of my heart during this time.

I have been a supporter of Christian Women’s Job Corp since its beginning. I always wanted to be a mentor, but I did not want to not be able to do a good job. I always said to myself when life slows down I will be a mentor. Thank you Lord, I became a mentor a few weeks ago. I am going to walk beside a sweet lady who is trying to have a better life and I feel so grateful and humbled to be able to spend time with her and help her set goals and reach them.

I also have long desired to be on a foreign mission field. In a bible study I am doing, we were supposed to share what we wanted to be when we grew up. I wanted to be a missionary. I wanted to be a singer. I wanted to be a hairdresser. I wanted to be a Mom.  I have all my notebooks from church where I did things in Acteens and studied Missions. I wrote in there that I wanted to be a missionary. On October 16th  I will fly to Guatemala with Mission Firefly to serve the village of San Antonio, Guatemala. I cannot wait. I look at the faces of those children and I already love them. I will be showing many pictures when I return.

As far as the other things I wanted to be when I grow up- I sing at church often and I thank God for the voice He gave me to praise Him! My best friend is a hair dresser and I spend alot of time at her shop-she keeps my hair great and that’s the next best thing to being one myself. And _as far as being a Mom….

God truly blessed me as a a Mom and now a Grandma!

IMG_3618

For some reason, this week has been a revelation for me.

I woke up in the middle of the night, just the night before last and I had a little man snuggled up against me. I thought Thank you Lord, and while I’m thanking you –Thank you for all of the blessings I am having. I thought about losing my job I loved and the hurt was finally gone. I love the Seniors and I always will, I miss so many people I worked with and can’t see, like I did on a daily basis. But when I see what all I have been blessed with since that time and the stress He relieved me from-how can I not praise Him.

Yesterday, in my wonderful devotional book-Jesus Calling- He said this- “When you are back on ground level, you can face your circumstances from a humble perspective. If you choose supernatural responses this time-trusting and thanking Me- You will experience My unfathomable peace.”

Oh-How I thank Him- I thank Him for my year of favor.

I have traded in my ashes for JOY!

I am going to be doing my Father’s business! I am so thankful for my blessings.

My cup runneth over!

untitled

 

1 comment:

Just My Life said...

You are blessed. Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful family! Love seeing the kids grown up!