Monday, September 22, 2008

The Window


A young couple moves into a new neighborhood.

The next morning, while they are eating breakfast the young woman sees her neighbor hang the wash outside.

"That laundry is not very clean", she said, "she doesn't know how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap". Her husband looked on but remained silent.

Every time her neighbor would hang her wash the young woman would make the same comments.

About one month later,the young woman was surprised to see nice clean wash on the line and said to her husband "Look, she learned how to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this?"

The husband said "I got up early this morning and cleaned OUR windows."

And so it goes with life!

What we see when watching others, depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
Before we give criticism, it might be a good idea to check our state of mind and ask ourselves if we are ready to see the good, rather than to be looking for something in the person we are about to judge. Be blessed!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Brenda said...

I love that. Like taking the beam out of our own eye before trying to get the speck out of some else's.
God bles,
Brenda :)

Mike Golch said...

make sure you own house is in order before you throw stones.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

very cute! I am so guilty of this, only in my head, I don't SAY IT out loud!!! but GUILTY!*smile*

Debbie said...

I love this story. I'll have to remember it next time I see "dirty clothes on someone's line" and just clean my own windows! I sure wish we could all do that.

Valarie Lea said...

Very well said! Thats why you are my most favorite Sunday School Teacher named Lorie. :)

Putz said...

WASH WASH ME BACK, MOMMA GOT TO TAKE HER BACK AND TEACH HER ALL THE THINGS SHE LACK, WHEN SHE COME BACK TO ME, WE LIVE TOGHTER IN HARMONY...from harry bellybutton from the 50's

Misty said...

I love this. What a wonderful reminder to not only keep us in check but help us love others more effectively.

Life on the farm... said...

pretty on the inside ... pretty on the outside....let you "light" shine through

Unknown said...

beautiful blog post!...i am stoppin by on my quest/visit for one the 43 SSS participants(so far) the list is growing and once a day(hopfully) I will feature one of our SSS particpants so we can all get to know each other...

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Thank you for sharing. Very thought provoking... thanks.

The Southern Mom said...

You always say the best things! Love this one!

Brandi said...

Love it, that is so true! I admit I am one of those, I judge! One thing that I need to work on and pray about!

Marilyn Bowen said...

Thanks MeMe for the story. It brought back my mother telling me...Marilyn be sure your porch is swept before you tell someone else their's is dirty. I enjoy reading your posts. Have a blessed week.

Pink Slippers said...

What a GREAT post. I have to share that with my hubby. What a great sermon illustration too. Wendy

Memaw Barbie said...

Another good one!!! What a great reminder, even when we know it, it's good to be reminded. blessing Memaw Barbie

Unknown said...

HI

That was a touching story. I'm stopping by Secret Santa blogs today to say hello.